HOW-TO: Oil Change for a Ducati 848 EVO
This quick video documents the process of changing the engine oil on my Ducati 848 EVO. Changing the oil on your Ducati 848 should be done at least once per year (or every 12,000 km or 7500 miles).
The overall process is very simple and can be completed in less than one hour.
- Engine Oil (recommended viscosity for most climates is SAE 15W-50)
- Oil Filter (HIFLO FILTRO HF153 or K&N part # KN-153)
- New crush washer for the drain bolt
- Paper towels or shop towels
- Gloves (optional)
- 5mm Internal (Allen) wrench to remove drain bolt
- Channellock 209 – 9″ oil filter pliers wrench (or equivalent tool)
- Oil Drain Pan
- Funnel (optional)
- Measuring cup (optional)
Please note that I am not inspecting/cleaning/changing the gauze filter in this video since I normally do this every 2nd oil change. However, if you have not done it before, it might be a good time to consider inspecting this filter now.